Welcome to our website, www.taskforceonshalegas.uk (the “Website”). The Website is provided by the Task Force on Shale Gas, a company registered under number 9171842 in England and whose registered office is at 3rd Floor, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QT (“us”, “we” or “our” for short). “You” and “Your” means you as the user of our Website.
Use of this Website
Accessing our Website
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service without notice. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access this Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing our Website through Your internet connection are aware of these Terms.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire Website, to users who have registered with us.
If You choose, or are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, You must treat such information as confidential, and You must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by You or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion You have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
Reliance on Information Posted
Materials posted on our Website are provided for Your information, but are not intended as advice and should not be relied upon as such. To the maximum extent permissible by law, we therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information.
Linking to our Website
You may link to a page on our Website, provided You do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not remove or obscure by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice, or other information published on the Website. Our Website must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
If You breach this provision, You may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 or other laws. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing Your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, Your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
To the maximum extent permissible by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to Your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Third Party Sales and Content
Our Website and/or the materials published or available for download on the Website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided for Your information only, and if You decide to visit any third party site, You do so at Your own risk. We have little or no control over the content of those sites, and we are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on blogs or discussion areas or other public forums and/or in any third party websites linked from our Website, including, without limitation, any material that may be defamatory or unlawful or illegal in any way. Links and/or the content of blogs, discussion areas or other public forums do not imply that we or our Website are affiliated to or associated with such sites/content and any views and/or opinions expressed via such content are not necessarily those of the Task Force on Shale Gas.
Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before proceeding.
Please note: whilst we may provide documents and other materials available for download, we are afraid that we cannot provide technical support in relation to such documents/materials, for example, such materials are only provided in the file formats that we choose and we shall not be responsible for Your inability to download or access such materials if You do not have the corresponding file application or have other technical difficulties in accessing such materials. In such event, we suggest You contact the application software provider direct or contact the customer support team with whom You may have a support service contract in place.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in all information, images and other content published on it (“Materials”). Those Materials are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are expressly reserved to us or the respective licensors or ultimate copyright owners.
You must not modify paper or digital copies of any Materials you have obtained from our Website in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
If You print off, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and You must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials You have made.
Our status (and that of identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You may only view, print out and use the Website and the Materials on a single device for Your own personal, non-commercial use. We expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in and to the Website and the Materials which appear or which may be downloaded from it. Your use of the Website and Materials is subject to the following restrictions. You must not:
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials;
- use any Materials from the Website in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right, proprietary right, or property right of us or any third parties; or
- reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit this Website and/or the Materials in any way including for any commercial purpose, without our prior written consent.
We expressly reserve all rights in and to www.shaletaskforce.uk, the trade mark, “Task Force on Shale Gas”, its logo, “Task Force on Shale Gas” and all other related service marks, trading names or other trade marks relating to our services. Other trade marks, products and company names mentioned on the Website may be trademarks of their respective owners or licensors and the rights in such marks are expressly reserved to the respective owners or licensors.
By registering and submitting Your personal information, You are indicating Your consent to receive communications from us.
Nothing in these Terms shall affect Your statutory rights, and nothing in these Terms shall exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury arising through negligence;
- fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
- anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by us under law.
To the fullest extent permissible by law:
- we exclude and disclaim all warranties, terms, conditions and representations that might otherwise be implied by law in relation to this Website, the Materials and/or all products or services supplied by us in connection with this Website. In particular we do not represent or warrant that the Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. You must take Your own precautions in this respect.
- we do not accept liability for any failure to maintain the Website and/or late or failed delivery of any Materials. We may suspend access to the Website periodically to carry out emergency or scheduled maintenance or for any other reason at any time.
- we shall not be liable, under these Terms for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- we shall not be liable under these Terms for any technical malfunction in respect of using the Website or Materials, and cannot be held liable to provide any kind of technical support or advice in case of any such malfunction.
- the Materials may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Materials.
- we shall not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your actions or inactions based on the Materials available on this Website.
Legal Compliance and Applicable Law
The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to this Website. English Law will apply to these Terms.
If You have any concerns or queries about material which appears on our Website please contact [email protected].
You can also contact us on +44 20 3047 2181.
Our postal address for correspondence is 3rd Floor, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT
All Your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act“). If You want to know what information we collect and hold about You, please write to us at: 3rd Floor, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT .
The Task Force on Shale Gas is the data controller of Your Information for the purposes of the Act.
What information do we collect?
When You visit our Website You may provide us with two types of information:
Personal Information You provide to us on an individual basis during submission of information or registration for subscription services; and
Website use information collected as You and others browse our website, including, without limitation, collecting aggregated data about the pages You visit and dates and times that You visit them.
We use all reasonable commercial endeavours to maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect Your Information, we cannot ensure the security of Your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at Your own risk. Once we have received Your Information we will use such procedures and security features as we consider appropriate in relation to the nature of such Information to prevent unauthorised access.
Similar to other commercial websites, our Website utilises a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website. We, our advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifts” to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen, how users responded to them and to serve advertising.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When You visit a website, that site’s computer asks Your computer for permission to store this file in a part of Your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to Your browser if Your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect Your privacy) Your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to You, not the cookies sent to You by other sites.
How do we use information we collect from cookies?
As You browse on our Website, the Website uses its cookies to differentiate You from other users. Cookies, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the Website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback in order to improve our Website constantly and better serve our users. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about You and we do not generally store any personal information that You provided to us in Your cookies.
How do we use the information that you provide to us?
We use Your Information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and Your computer (this may include us passing Your Information to companies for processing outside the EEA in countries which may not have an adequate level of protection)
- to allow You to access and use the materials available on our Website where You choose to do so;
- to notify You about changes to our service;
- in accordance with Your consent to use Your Information for particular purposes specified at the point of Registration or whenever Information is collected via the Website;
- if You have given Your consent at the point of Registration or when you have submitted Information via our Website, to allow us to contact You with information about products, services and special offers that You request from us, or that we feel may be of interest to You or to ask You to participate in one of our customer satisfaction surveys.
We may pass Your Information to other carefully selected third party organisations:
- if we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose Your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- if You have consented to receiving information from carefully selected third parties, to use Your Information to contact You to provide You with information about other products, services and special offers which may be of interest to You.
How do we protect your information?
Email is not recognised as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that You do not send private information to us by email. However, if You contact us by email and/or respond to us via email, we will take this as Your giving your informed consent to be contacted by us via email.
How can you access and correct your information?
You may request access to all Your Information that we collect online and maintain in our database, in return for payment of a fee permitted by law (currently £10), by emailing [email protected].
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from You may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area in a country which may not have adequate level of protection.